Wow...has it really been over a month since I've blogged?!? Life has gotten a little crazy, so I haven't had the spare time to devote to blogging. Don't worry though, the crazy is really good. Hopefully I'll have more details in the coming months. (No, it's not baby related). So...here goes for my Friday favorites:
- Teeth Cleaning - We had our dentist appointment this week. We had to re-schedule it twice due to snow, so I was glad it finally happened! Maybe it's weird, but I love having my teeth cleaned!
- Game night - Last Saturday, we had another couple over for games. We had a nice, low key night at the house, but it was tons of fun! I can't wait for the next one!
- Snow - We've had a good amount of snow this year! We had a couple inches a few times then 6+ inches on 2 separate occasions. Bailey has been loving it! I really enjoy the snow, but I'm getting a little tired of the cold weather!
This was after I arrived at work one day a few weeks ago. With the windchill, it was around -20 this day. This Southern gal is NOT cut out for negative temperatures!
This is Bailey pouncing for her stick. I love watching her play in the snow :-)
- Skype - I got to Skype with my niece this week. I love that little girl so much, we should definitely do it more often!
- Vacation - Speaking of snow and cold weather...we decided last year when we went to Mexico during hurricane season that we wanted to go somewhere warmer in the winter. During the past few weeks, we've been planning our trip to the Dominican Republic!!! I'm quite ready for it! Our 10 day forecast shows a chance of snow on 5 days! The 10 day forecast for DR shows some scattered showers, but weather in the mid 70s to mid 80s. Yes please!
- Honey Pig - If you ever have to opportunity to eat at a Korean BBQ restaurant...DO IT! you choose your meats and they're grilled right at your table. It's similar to Hibachi, but better in my opinion. It was just our personal table, and I like the intimacy of it. The downside is you leave with your clothes smelling like the food you had, but it's worth it!
This is the duck BBQ that Josh picked. I chose Bulgogi, which is marinated, thinly sliced beef. Both were awesome!
- Superbowl - I was more excited about the Superbowl this year than I have been any other year!
4 former Wolfpack players got to play on Sunday and I am SO excited for all of them! I was pulling hard for the Seahawks, but I wouldn't have been horribly upset if the Broncos would have won. Nate Irving still would have gotten a Superbowl ring. Fortunately, the Hawks were able to pull out a win! Congrats to Russell Wilson, JR Sweezy & Steven Hauschka!!!
- Spontaneous date night - After we finished getting our teeth cleaned, we realized that I was completely out of it when I booked our appointment, because it was rush hour! We didn't want to spend a ton of time in traffic, so we decided to go out for Happy Hour at On The Border. We were planning on using the time to be productive and trip plan, but it was worth putting it off one more night :-).
- Happy Hour x3- On Wednesday, we met friends at DuClaw for a beer release and yet another Happy Hour! Another thing you should definitely try if you ever get a chance is duck fat fries. They're delicious! We have another Happy Hour planned for tonight with Josh's work team. After tonight...I'm back on my vacation diet...seriously this time!